The new Hel-X 13 Biomedia from Oase is fittingly named because it now has a 13% increase in the biological settlement surface area compared to previous Hel-X Biomedia. The new and improved Oase Hel-X 13 Biomedia has been especially designed for use within the Oase ProfiClear Premium Moving Bed Module and Oase ProfiClear Premium Compact range of Drum Filter systems.
Oase Hel-X 13 consists of individual housings which allow beneficial aerobic bacteria to settle and breed inside the protected casings, helping to biologically break down soluble waste. The unique Hel-X 13 helical geometry offers low flow resistance whilst providing maximum protected surface area which is indispensable for maintaining a stable bio film. 25 Litres of Oase Hel-X 13 Biomedia has the capacity to biologically break down 170g of food per day.
- 13% extra surface area than previous Hel-X Biomedia
- Maintenance free self cleaning media
- Gives rapid breakdown of food and fish waste
- 955m²/m³ Settlement surface area
- 806m²/m³ Protected settlement surface area
- 40% more settlement surface than K1 Media
- 25 Litres of Hel-X 13 will decompose 170g of food waste per day
- Suitable for all moving bed filtration