K1 Micro is specifically designed for use in bead filters, conventional pond filters and aquarium filters. K1 Micro has the same wheel shaped design as K1 Media, but it has an increased protected surface area of 950 m2 per m3.
The wheel shaped structure of K1 Micro is designed specifically to create the most effective environment for the nitrification process to take place. As K1 Micro media matures, bacteria colonises in the “quiet areas” of each piece of media helping to improve nitrification / denitrification. This enables a well-balanced biological equilibrium to be sustained in your pond to keep fish healthy and the water crystal clear.
The small size of K1 Micro makes it ideal to be used a replacement for beads in a bead filter. Not only will the vast 950m2 per m3 protected surface area maintain a bio-film that helps to improve nitrification, water quality and clarity, but K1 Micro can offer many more benefits.
- 950m2 per m3 Protected Surface Area
- Provides a large surface area for bacteria to colonise
- Increased protection for the biofilm
- Provides mechanical and biological filtration
- Reduces back pressure on pumps
- Improved solids handling
- Increased flow rate
- Ideal for use in bead filters, conventional pond filters, marine and freshwater aquarium filters
- Improved cleaning