The HI 700 Ammonia Low Range Checker is a simple, accurate and cost effective way to measure low ranges of ammonia in fresh water (0.00 to 3.00ppm). Designed as a more accurate alternative to chemical test kits, the HI 700 provides quick, accurate results in four easy steps.
- One – Add a sample to the included cuvette(s)
- Two- Insert sample into the Checker and zero it out
- Three – Remove sample and add reagent (A & B – 4 drops of each)
- Four – Reinsert sample and click the button to measure your results or..Press and hold the button for 3 seconds for a time reaction reading
The HI 700 uses an adaptation of the ASTM Manual of Water and Environmental Technology, D1426-92, Nessler method. The reaction between ammonia and reagents causes a yellow tint in the sample.
- Water Quality
- Freshwater Aquariums
- Small palm-sized design
- Accurate from ±0.05ppm ± 5% of reading
- Dedicated to a single parameter
- Uses a single AAA battery
- Auto Power Off after 10 minutes in inactivity
- Built-in timer for timed reaction readings
The HI 700 Checker®HC is supplied with a reagent starter kit (1 bottle of 700A-0 reagent A and 1 bottle of 700B-0 reagent B), 1 x 1.5V AAA battery and an instruction manual.
This checker uses the HI-700-25 reagents which are available here.