With the Hanna Total Chlorine Checker you can check for total chlorine at the touch of a button and get instant results.
Chlorine is the most common water disinfectant. Once in water it presents as free chlorine and total chlorine;
- Free chlorine is the chlorine that is available in the water to tackle bacteria. As the process of disinfection takes place, the levels of free chlorine will reduce.
- Total chlorine is the measurement of free and used chlorine (or Chlorimines) in the water. If the total chlorine is high but the free chlorine is low or non-existent, then there is insufficient chlorine in the water to deal with the levels of contamination. By checking for the two as part of a rigorous testing procedure, adjustments in chlorine levels can be made quickly and easily and a high level of disinfection can be easily maintained.
Perfect for palm and pocket
The contoured style of the HI711 Total Chlorine Checker is designed to fit in the palm of your hand. The large LCD is easy to read and the auto shut-off feature ensures the battery life will not be drained if you forget to turn it off.
Accurate and easy to use
- Accuracy ±3% of reading ±0.03 mg/L (ppm)
- 0.01 mg/L (ppm) resolution
- Designed to work with Hanna powder reagents
- Large easy to read digits
- Auto shut-off
- Freshwater Koi and Fish Ponds
- Swimming pools and spas
- Water and quality control checks
- Waste water treatment
The HI711 Checker for Total Chlorine comes complete with:-
- 2 sample cuvettes
- 6 powder reagents for Total Chlorine
- 1 x 1.5V AAA battery
- Full working instructions
This checker uses the HI-711-25 reagents which are available here.