Hanna HI-96728 Nitrate Meter
The HI-96728 portable photometer is for the measurement of Nitrate. Nitrate is formed in water mainly through rainfall, decomposition of organic matter, and runoff from manmade pollutants such as sewage waste and fertilisers. Almost all surface waters have a measurable level of nitrate, and a moderate amount is considered beneficial. Large amounts of nitrate, however, can lead to eutrophication which may result in decreased levels of dissolved oxygen in the water.
Note: To ensure accurate results, perform the tests at room temperature, between 18 °C and 28°C.
For best result: Intensely coloured samples or suspended matter in large amounts will cause interference. Therefore sample should be adequately treated before performing the test.
Key Features of the HI-96728 Nitrate Meter
- Measures Nitrate 0.00 to 30.0mg/L (ppm)
- Clear display messages make the instrument quick and easy to operate.
- Positive locking system ensures the cuvette is located in the same position each and every time it is placed in the measurement cell.
- Auto shut-off feature turns meter off after 10 minutes of non-use to save battery life.
- Fully water resistant.
- Clear easy to use function buttons.
- Direct readout of parameter measured.
- CAL Check feature allows performance verification and calibration (CAL Check standards not included).
- 2 Cuvettes & Caps
- 9V Battery
- Instruction Manual
- Instrument Quality Certificate
Reagents not included.
|Range||0.00 to 30.0mg/L (ppm)|
|Accuracy @25°C||±0.5mg/L ±10% of reading|
|Light Source||Tungsten lamp|
|Light Detector||Silicon photocell with narrow band interference filter @ 525nm|
|Power Supply||9V battery|
|Auto-off||After ten minutes of non-use in measurement mode; after one hour of non-use in calibration mode; with last reading reminder|
|Environment||0 to 50°C|
|Dimensions||193 x 104 x 69mm|
|Method||Adaptation of the cadmium reduction method causes amber tint in sample|
|Reagents||HI-93728-01 Reagent for 100 tests|
Reagents: HI-93728-01 Reagent for 100 tests