Gold Label Pond Paint is designed especially for waterproofing and colouring concrete, fibreglass and plastic ponds.
Pond Paint Features
- Simple waterproofing for concrete, fibreglass or plastic ponds.
- Available in a range of 10 colours.
- Available in 3 different sizes (1 Litre, 2.5 Litre, 5 Litre.)
- No primer required.
- Water based paint (Fish safe and less toxic.)
- Can be applied by brush, roller or spray.
- Lasts approximately 5-10 years depending on application.
- 2 Coats only (on smooth surfaces.)
- Packed in easy to mix bucket.
- Works on damp surfaces.
Checks Before Use
- Before painting, check your surfaces for imperfections and cracks then fill where appropriate. For large cracks in the concrete, ‘V’ out the cracks to approx 10mm – make sure the surface to be bonded is solid and dust-free. Fill with a suitable sealer such as Gold Label Pond & Aquarium Sealant. After you have done these checks your pond is ready to paint.
Method Of Use
1. Add the gold label hardener/activator found in the top unit to the paint in the bottom unit and stir thoroughly, making sure it is completely mixed – VERY IMPORTANT – stir for a minimum of 2 minutes. 1-litre will cover approx 6-8 square metres. If you only require a small portion, not all of the paint needs to be mixed with the hardener at once and can be poured into a separate container while the rest can be stored for future use.
Once mixed, the paint is usable for 1.5 hours in ambient temperatures. Over 20°c the working time will be reduced.
2. After mixing, apply immediately by brush, roller or spray. Ensure the coating is worked into the corners etc. Apply a minimum of 2 coats. The second coat can be applied when the first is touch dry after approx 6-8 hours at 20°c. The same for any subsequent coats.
3. The paint will cure hard in 12 hours and full cure in 3-7 days, depending on atmospheric conditions. When fully cured, wash the painted surface and drain before final fill.
- Do not apply in temperatures below 10°C.
- Although water-based, avoid contact with the skin.
- Clean up slashes with warm soapy water.
Please Note: Colours shown are for guidance only. Colours will differ dependent on the mix variation, condition of storage at home (temperature), the surface which they are applied to and the preparation of the surface prior to applying the pond paint. Our on-page colour swatches can also look darker and lighter on different screens.
Black and clear paint are stock items and will be despatched within 1-2 days. All other colours will be despatched within 7-14 days.